Monday, October 18, 2010

Give me a break, Kelley.



So there I am sitting around minding my own business (wasting time) reading up on blogs I blew off over the weekend. (Yes, I do try to have a life outside of the blog0sphere - Mrs. MM would otherwise divorce me) when BAM Kelley at Kelley's break room hits me in the face with this big green blogger award.

Okay, so that's not really how it happened. What I was doing was reading her fine, funny blog about how this award asks her to write about ten things she likes. I am laughing and having a good time until I see my name on a list. Yup. There it is - Monkey Man - and I'm thinking "Shit, I have only been reading and commenting on her blog for a few weeks now. Did I tick her off and now she is getting back at me?"

So I graciously accept the "Award" and thank all the appropriate people keeping religion and higher deities off the list. There are enough sports figures, actors and rappers thanking them, they don't need it from me. Besides, religion is not my thing.

So here is my list of ten things I like followed by ten blogs I will pass this on to.

ONE: Chocolate - I LOVE chocolate. Dark. Milk. With bacon. With sea salt. With ginger (or Mary Ann). It is so good and the best thing about chocolate is that if it rots out all your teeth, you can still eat it because you don't need to chew it. Just put a piece between your tongue and the roof of your mouth and let it melt. Oh man, better stop now.

TWO: My Big Stupid Dog "Ezmond" - He is a pit bull and the sweetest most obedient dog I have ever had. The breed has a bad rap.

THREE: Disc Golf with my son - I used to throw Frisbee with buddies in the 'quad' during college. Usually loaded out of our gourds. Now my son and I get a bit of exercise and bonding all in the name of never letting him win. I am incorrigible.

FOUR: Football - You know how I said I have a life on weekends, well, this is it. Watching football. I twitch. I flinch. I have so much body movement watching it on tv you would think I am on the field. It is a wonderful waste of time.

FIVE: My chiropractor - With all the frisbee disc golf, I need a good back crackin' every now and then.

SIX: Sunday 160 - Okay this is a blatant plug for a micro fiction I host, but what the hell. I like it. Check out this week's. Right here.

SEVEN: Oatmeal Cookies - Preferably with raisins, but always and most often after begging Mrs. MM on bended knee for a late night sugar fix. (Yes, there are times when chocolate just won't do the trick.) Last night was nirvana - Monday Night Football and homemade oatmeal cookies. She is so good to me.

EIGHT:
Bacon - (Are you noticing a common thread weaving through this meme?) Who doesn't like bacon? Everything is better with bacon....even bacon. I have had Bacon Chocolate, Bacon Salt, Bacon Explosion and the list goes on. Do check out the recipe I link to on the Bacon Explosion....it's heart stopping. I double up on my statin after eating that stuff.

NINE:
Electricity - Without electricity I wouldn't be writing this wonderful blog, reading all of your wonderful blogs, cooking bacon or oatmeal cookies, watching football or doing any number of things that keep me fat and lazy. Yes, E-lec-tri-city, we love it.

TEN:
Books - Okay, this was also on Kelley's list, but it is true. I love reading and I love books. For those who live in my area you are no doubt familiar with Powell's Books. For those who aren't, follow the link. We are blessed to have an internationally renown book store in our great city. People come from all over the world to explore, read and buy. It is awesome.

And now ten blogger to pass this on to. Mind you, you don't have to write this "ten things I like" deal if you don't want to, but I want to recognize you as newer blogs I follow and enjoy.

Well, I guess now you know everything there is to know about me. Thanks for allowing me to expose myself, Kelley. Hope you enjoyed. Also, I don't think I have ever in my two year bloggy life included as many links as I have in this post. It was exhausting. See you for What the Hell Wednesday. (Guess I still needed another link and more shameless promotion.)

16 comments:

Monkey Man said...

Dang blogger. Effed up my spacing. Sorry, tried to fix it twice, but it just won't space. Aaarrghhh.

Monkey Man said...

If nothing else, I am persistant. Fixed the problem....for now.

The Bipolar Diva said...

A good chiropractor is hard to find! And disc golf sounds like fun!

Brian Miller said...

dude i love to play disc golf...

congrats on the award...

BeMistified said...

Yay! Congrats! Football = Awesomeness :)

Rosaria Williams said...

Monkey Man and chocolate, who knew!

Deborah said...

I loved your ten things, LOL ... a real insight into MM!
and thank you everso for putting me on the blogger list! :o)

Gabriela Abalo said...

great - interesting 10!

I also love bacon, books and electricity - they are a must :)

Unknown said...

Yay, you accepted the award & made a top 10 list! I loved it. It cracked me up! Love all the bacon references. I bet you'd kill for a BLT. Your lovely wife probably makes you a BBBBBBBLT. Mmmm!!

Betsy Brock said...

oatmeal cookies, bacon and chocolate...sounds like a meal to me! :)

Mona said...

I love books too and read more than one at a time. But I can't stand chocolates!

Congratulations for the award!

Janna said...

Yaaaayy for bacon!!
I've always wanted to try the Bacon Explosion.
I occasionally drool over the recipe, but that's about it.

I hate oatmeal raisin cookies. :P

Chocolate is amazing!
So is electricity.

Maybe someday after world peace has been achieved, someone can start working on electrical chocolate.

Thanks for the link! :)

Cloudia said...

Congrats you!



Aloha from Hawaii

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

Dianne said...

personally, I hate those things. not really those things, but the bloggers who throw too many of them out there. You done good.
and thanks for keeping the rest of us off the list.... I'm off to read your faves.
Dianne

C.M. Jackson said...

monkey man--congrats to you!!

Me said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! So nice of you to link me up. I am way late, but finally played along... :)
-C