Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sunday 160 - Old Haunts


Sitting quietly at her table, 
she felt a presence 
and began her order. 
Turning to her server, 
she saw no one was there 
and a shivering chill rushed through her.


______________________________

Mrs. MM and I are on our way to celebrate our 19th anniversary in a small town in the beautifully scenic Columbia Gorge. While there we intend to enjoy a meal at The Baldwin Saloon which is said to be haunted. We are most excited about it. I hope you all have a good weekend. I won't be stopping by to read your 160's until after our return, but I will stop by.
Thanks in advance for playing along with the Sunday 160.

_______________________

If you want to play along with the Sunday 160. Here are the rules.

1. The Sunday 160 only uses EXACTLY 160 characters (including spaces).
2. Keep on schedule - post after 8:00 PM Pacific Time on Saturday.
3. Let me know you have posted via a comment on my site.
(Be sure to mention you have posted a 160. Provide a link if you can)
4. Visit at least one other Sunday 160 writer.
____________________

20 comments:

Brian Miller said...

happy anniversary! oo hope you see a ghost...and hope my comment is not one again this week...ha...nice 160...working on mine now....see you in the morning

G-Man said...

Happy Annivsary...
Mine will be up shortly.

As for yours?
Leave the disappearing bitch a ghost tip!

Unknown said...

Shivering chill served instantly! :)

My 160:
http://wheneveridontgetbored.blogspot.com/2011/10/journey-begins.html

The Bipolar Diva said...

wishing you both an incredible anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Have a fun and spooky trip.

Mine is up

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

My first Sunday 160!

The Hermit

Enjoy your trip and I hope you get to see a ghost! Unless you don't want to, of course.

Amropali said...

Congratulations on the anniversary.

Intriguing. Hope you have an exciting weekend.

Here's mine

MorningAJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MorningAJ said...

Well - that link didn't work. Sorry!
I said:

Just so long as the food and drink are real, I'd cope. Hope you have a great weekend.

My 160 are here.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip.
Nicely eerie 160.

Here's mine: Watching - http://mylittlewordz.wordpress.com/2011/10/16/watching/

Jamie

izzy said...

Congratulations! and spooky fun-
loved the serving of October scenery
and mood. Thanks! (mine is up.)

Brian Miller said...

yo monkey i am in....mine is up...or whatever...ha

hope last night went well...

ToBlog today said...

All we need is time monkey man, so mine is posted on time.

Have a great Anniversary!

gautami tripathy said...

Haunted. I like haunted.

Happy Anniversary!

Mine is here:

timed out

Mijayami said...

Happy Anniversary! I'll have to remember to check out the Baldwin Saloon next time I'm out that way...

Mine is here

Katherine Krige said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs Monkey Man. I hope you enjoy you phantom feast! I have played this week with a toast to my friend 'Me'. Cheers.
http://krigek.blogspot.com/2011/10/we-came.html

Cathy Feaster said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great time...did you see any ghosts?

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary! I just got back from mine and I wanted to check in! Hoping you're having a wonderful time - and how exciting that the place is haunted!

Have fun!!! :)

Drizel said...

spooky, enjoy it:)

Pheromone Girl said...

I have to admit, I can't recommend the baldwin - unless you're fond of hair in your food...

but I was fond of the company on my last trip to Dufur.