Used to be you were either sick or on vacation when it came time to take a day or days off from work. But in today's corporate world we no longer have "sick leave" or "vacation days", there was even "mental health days". Now we have PTO - Paid Time Off. All you have to do is log on to your corporate web site, navigate to the correct form and fill out your PTO slip.
Of course they ask the reason, but here is where you can get creative. I suppose the old standbys would be "I had the flu," or "took a vacation day" or "stayed home with a sick child". But really, I mean, really, what did you do. There are now a whole big group of choices for reasons you stayed home. Try a few on for size and see which one fits you best.
- My kids used all the hot water in the shower
- I was out of razor blades
- I was too lazy to come in today
- Sick Yoda
- I caught Spring Fever
- Couldn't find any clean clothes
- My wife grounded me to my room
- My daughter planted a brain worm in my head and I didn't want to bring it to work
- My wife looked so good I couldn't make it into work today
- I got tangled up in the sheets and couldn't move
- Over ate at breakfast
- I'm having eye trouble...can't see coming into work today (my all time fav)
So this is just a partial list and I'm sure you could come up with more, but as for me this was it because I called in lazy today and didn't feel like being that creative.